• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

JTmass

First Name
Joaquin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Ranger
FWIw, Clarified from John at Stephens that the 500 over invoice was before they knew that MSRP = Invoice Pricing Structure. They are reworking the deal to be under MSRP.
I'd like to know if @Granger Ford Is doing something similar. Horsham appears to be operating with the 3% under invoice=MSRP so business as usual (which is still a great deal, just not what I expected initially.) Curious if Granger is doing the same?
Sponsored

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Explorer, 2014 Honda Odyssey, 2007 Lexus
I'd like to know if @Granger Ford Is doing something similar. Horsham appears to be operating with the 3% under invoice=MSRP so business as usual (which is still a great deal, just not what I expected initially.) Curious if Granger is doing the same?
Granger quoted me $1,000 below invoice. However, they have said that Invoice will be below MSRP. I considered Horsham and Granger. Ultimately I went with Granger. Granger has $180 doc fee and $45 transfer tag fee. I would save a little more with Horsham. Their doc fee is $394 and $40 temporary tag. (Horsham will also facilitate the state taxes and registration too.) But I'm in Arizona so it is an extra day's drive coming home. The quotes I received were more than the savings at Horsham. You just have to run the math and see what works for you. Both have glowing recommendations from members of this forum as I reached out to about a dozen of each.

For what it is worth, Horsham PA says they do not know if Invoice = MSRP. They say Ford hasn't released any pricing to the dealers on the Lightning so they don't know.

DoomTrain

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sierra, Model S
Granger quoted me $1,000 below invoice. However, they have said that Invoice will be below MSRP. I considered Horsham and Granger. Ultimately I went with Granger. Granger has $180 doc fee and $45 transfer tag fee. I would save a little more with Horsham. Their doc fee is $394 and $40 temporary tag. (Horsham will also facilitate the state taxes and registration too.) But I'm in Arizona so it is an extra day's drive coming home. The quotes I received were more than the savings at Horsham. You just have to run the math and see what works for you. Both have glowing recommendations from members of this forum as I reached out to about a dozen of each.

For what it is worth, Horsham PA says they do not know if Invoice = MSRP. They say Ford hasn't released any pricing to the dealers on the Lightning so they don't know.
So ordering through these dealers, are we as pre-orders guaranteed a delivery and it doesn't matter where? So they could essentially have hundreds of lightnings? Thanks

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Explorer, 2014 Honda Odyssey, 2007 Lexus
So ordering through these dealers, are we as pre-orders guaranteed a delivery and it doesn't matter where? So they could essentially have hundreds of lightnings? Thanks
I'm not sure I understand your question. Granger and Horsham are just like your local dealer. Granger says they will contact me when the order bank opens and we will go through it together to place an order. I assume they will email the final contract to me for review and to sign and collect a deposit. When the vehicle is delivered to Granger, I either go and pick it up or arrange to have it shipped to me. Let me know if that doesn't answer your question. In all fairness, this is my first time buying from Granger. I can give you a list of forum members privately who bought through through Granger who may be better qualified to answer your questions.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
A lot will depend on dealer allocation which we know little to nothing about for the Lightning. It was a mess for the Bronco but reservation timestamp was still a major factor.

Sponsored

Brian Head Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Sport, Chevy Colorado 4x4
And just like the Bronco, allocations will be spread across all dealers. It got really ugly with Bronco reservations. The best plan is to not be hung up on when you get yours. I would rather pay MSRP at my local dealer than spend $1000 to travel to the Midwest to save $1000.

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
Technically, there is an advertising covenant and we as dealers are not supposed to advertise below MSRP. You can PM me for pricing information.

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
They haven't given us any information quite yet on allocation. I'm sure it'll take into consideration timestamp, F-series sales, etc.

Just like the Bronco what Lightning you choose will have a HUGE impact on timing. We have delivered Broncos that were reserved 5 months after the reservations were open because they wanted a low demand item. If you want a high demand item, it takes time.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
They haven't given us any information quite yet on allocation. I'm sure it'll take into consideration timestamp, F-series sales, etc.

Just like the Bronco what Lightning you choose will have a HUGE impact on timing. We have delivered Broncos that were reserved 5 months after the reservations were open because they wanted a low demand item. If you want a high demand item, it takes time.
Any insights or projections on which Lightning trims / options will fall on which side of that spectrum? I am willing to trade away a few of my wants (or add things that I am on the fence over) if it substantially impacts my place in line.

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
so not that we need more conformation but the order date is the 26th. I just called to change my dealership and was told make sure to talk with them soon before the orders start.

Sponsored

jbirdzee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro ER
Occupation
Engineer
Any insights or projections on which Lightning trims / options will fall on which side of that spectrum? I am willing to trade away a few of my wants (or add things that I am on the fence over) if it substantially impacts my place in line.
I know this wasn't directed at me - but based on Darren Palmer's Ford survey, it appears that the least popular Lightning is the highly affordable "Pro" Package for just $40k. Supposedly the smallest percentage of people are interested in that trim. :unsure:. Sorry - couldn't resist.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I know this wasn't directed at me - but based on Darren Palmer's Ford survey, it appears that the least popular Lightning is the highly affordable "Pro" Package for just $40k. Supposedly the smallest percentage of people are interested in that trim. :unsure:. Sorry - couldn't resist.
Reddit is running a survey on this as well (but will like be highly non-representative)

Looks like almost everyone not going for the PRO is going for the ER battery.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Well that's good news!

I am looking at the Pro + optioned SR.....

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Reddit is running a survey on this as well (but will like be highly non-representative)

Yeah, I'm not buying the claim that very few people want the Pro SR. It's obviously the best value. Not even close... AND it's affordable to far more people than a $60k+ Extended Range truck.

Not that the Reddit survey is necesssarily accurate, but whatever other survey concluded that Pro SR was not popular was nonsense, IMO.

jbirdzee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro ER
Occupation
Engineer

In my mind I feel like this particular survey is right on. I personally feel it's more accurate than what Ford posted for their results, or the demographic they picked had a bias.
If you are looking for Standard Range - your drawn to the price tag of the PRO and can't justify the cost jump to the short list of features added in the XLT
If you need the range you are figuring out finances to make the jump to XLT-ER.
Then the remaining 1/3 of people are going for Lariat/Platinum.
Sponsored