Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ram1500
  • Banned
I know I will get roasted for this but here we go, before I say what I have to say I want to let you know that I did order a 2022 f150 . I currently own a 2019 ram big horn v8 and 2020 ram Laramie v8, both trucks have around 21k miles, yesterday I ask my coworker to take his 2020 f150 v8 for a drive that also happened to have 20k miles, I was stunned comparing that f150 to my rams the Ford felt like was 10 years old with over 100k miles rattles transmission was clunky and truck over all felt hollow , to be fair that truck was last generation f150, I hope the new trucks are better if not I will be very disappointed in the truck. I also want to add that the ram has stepped up the game big time, fit and finish are great ride quality is great and the truck fills tight like a drum..
have a great day and I hope I didn’t hurt your fillings to much for expressing my opinion.
Sponsored

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
I know I will get roasted for this but here we go, before I say what I have to say I want to let you know that I did order a 2022 f150 . I currently own a 2019 ram big horn v8 and 2020 ram Laramie v8, both trucks have around 21k miles, yesterday I ask my coworker to take his 2020 f150 v8 for a drive that also happened to have 20k miles, I was stunned comparing that f150 to my rams the Ford felt like was 10 years old with over 100k miles rattles transmission was clunky and truck over all felt hollow , to be fair that truck was last generation f150, I hope the new trucks are better if not I will be very disappointed in the truck. I also want to add that the ram has stepped up the game big time, fit and finish are great ride quality is great and the truck fills tight like a drum..
have a great day and I hope I didn’t hurt your fillings to much for expressing my opinion.
One of the universal things I think I’ve seen everyone report about the ‘21 was the improvement in ride quality, both in terms of cabin noise and smoothness. Although I’ve heard the suspension on the Ram is tough to beat right now for ride quality. You should try and go test drive a ‘21 somewhere to see how it is.

Last edited:

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
I've been going back and forth with F150 and Ram for a while now. Reason? Because I was trading every 2 years and to stay with the same brand would be basically swapping for the same truck. The refreshes have been on different times so I could end up with new each time.
Ram has improved the most over the last 20 years and I still think the 2019 Ram 1500 Limited interior I owned is still a bit nicer than my 2021 F150 Platinum but really close.
The Rams don't have IRS. They do have air bags or coils. The ride is better with the Ram. The biggest disappointment for me was the Ram engine. It's underpowered compared to the F150.
Would I consider a Ram again in the future? Sure. Both are great trucks.

ryanc111

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leadfoot Powerboost
I sold my 2019 Laramie for my 21 Lariat Powerboost. I do think the interior and fit/finish overall was nicer in the RAM than the F150. That being said, the electronics, screen, & physical buttons on the F150 are significantly better and more usable. Combine that with the Powerboost engine power and the significant improvement in mileage and I'm very happy with my decision.

I think it comes down to what features are more important to you. Looking at the '22 versions of all of the full size trucks its hard to go wrong with any of them these days.

bzogster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor
I don't have either truck right now but have a Raptor on order. My neighbor has a Ram Longhorn. it's very nice. The only thing I didn't care for riding in it were the seats. I couldn't get as comfortable in them as I could in the previous generation F150 or the 2021s. I have taken 2.5 hour trips in the previous gen and the seats were great, and the 2021s seemed just as good or slightly better when I took a test drive.

Sponsored

ryanc111

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leadfoot Powerboost
I don't have either truck right now but have a Raptor on order. My neighbor has a Ram Longhorn. it's very nice. The only thing I didn't care for riding in it were the seats. I couldn't get as comfortable in them as I could in the previous generation F150 or the 2021s. I have taken 2.5 hour trips in the previous gen and the seats were great, and the 2021s seemed just as good or slightly better when I took a test drive.
Ha, that's funny, I really liked the seats in my RAM much better than my F150 seats. But illustrates my point about personal preferences. Figure out what you like specifically for you and enjoy the heck out of it. :D

Stubblejumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Before buying my 2021 F150, I looked at Dodge, but seeing that the ancient 5.7 hemi was the only real engine option, and that the performance and mileage lags far behind the Ecoboost, I never seriously considered Dodge. Both Dodge and GM need new twin turbo V6 engines like Ford and Toyota.

BigBluegen14

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt
Before buying my 2021 F150, I looked at Dodge, but seeing that the ancient 5.7 hemi was the only real engine option, and that the performance and mileage lags far behind the Ecoboost, I never seriously considered Dodge. Both Dodge and GM need new twin turbo V6 engines like Ford and Toyota.
I believe Stellantis and GM are skipping the TTV6 and Hybrid and betting on simply jumping to EV trucks.

67440dodge

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 XL on order 67 Dodge Coronet 440
Occupation
Retired
Currently own a 2019 1500 4X4 5.7L Big Horn with huge back doors (I forget which is crew/quad). Just got back from dealer ordering a 2022 F150 XL Standard Cab short bed. I wanted a standard cab/short bed, the Bighorn was for something that never happened. So I looked at the Ram 1500 Classic and the F150 and ultimately chose the F150 (despite only driving a 2019 F150 XL Supercab). I have owned 2 other Rams in the past. (both V6 and 5.7L powered)

Deal fell thru on a 2021 leftover Ram Classic so it was order time for both. Both were within a few hundred of each other similarly equipped (only difference was Ram had rear slider, F150 did not, and the F150 came with the 2.7L vs the Ram's 3.6) but I ultimately chose the F150. Some reasons being the F150 is a new generation truck, the Ram Classic design is from 2008. Plus, Ram's computers are encrypted, which means you have to buy plugin modules to intercept the data before it hits the computers, and I believe I just need the Forscan software and a module to look at the F150's computers.

Comfortwise, I'd put them both in same category. F150 has the good ole column shift, not that stupid rotrary knob that sometimes I'd turn the heat to full blast thinking I was going to drive in a hurry.

And finally, resale value. If you want to see a vehicle depreciate faster seeing a homebuilt Mopar wipe a 429 CJ Mustang at the track, look at 2yr old 1500 Classic's.. that trade in musta really hurt on some of them crew/quad cabs).

So now come the wait... even though the Bighorn has low miles, I still want to keep it low to try and keep resale value up as much as I can.

AgieF150

First Name
Rakesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 & 22F150 limited, 21 Ram 1500 limited EcoDiesel
I have both in limited trims.

Ram air suspension is high class, also have Audi and Mercedes with air suspension, Ram beats both in ride quality

What I don't like is seat in Ram, also no massage option as in case of F150.

Ram turning radius seems to be tighter then F150

Super crew/crew cab is bigger in Ram and has more charging port for long trips.

22 Ram Limited is approx 3k up in price with most options loaded.

Sponsored

67440dodge

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
One bad thing about Ram is building a truck on their website. The number they give you is not MSRP, it's a "net price" which no dealer I dealt with understood the meaning of. Price difference was close to being $3k less than MSRP, also the prices on their packages and options didn't match what the config sheet from dealer showed. Despite only showing 2021 for ordering, their website was pretty much dead nuts on price wise.

OP
OP

Sash

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ram1500
Wrong!! F.. that v6 s**t what dodge need is put the 392 hemi in the ram1500 !!

67440dodge

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Wrong!! F.. that v6 s**t what dodge need is put the 392 hemi in the ram1500 !!
392 Hemi gives ya 485hp vs a supercharged Hellcat's 702hp in the TRX..

I'll take the latter (if I could afford it)

Ford F-150 Ram vs f150 2021-ram-1500-trx-review-lead