Sponsored

3.0 can it still be ordered ???????

Infotroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 2022
So went on ford to build a 3.0 it let me build it only thing different I could see is that it gave me 18 inch wheels instead of the 20 in black spoke as standard . Anyone put in a order since the announcement ?
Sponsored

Morinvok

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 f150 xlt, 2021 f150 lariat powerstroke (soon,
I thought orders had to be in by 7/16 but if it let's you that's awesome

Ford 3.0 Diesel

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 3.0 Diesel
Occupation
Self
I think Ford is making a mistake to cancel the 3.0 diesel. Dodge and Chevy have diesels for their half ton trucks and there is a rumor that Toyota Tundra will offer a diesel soon. Ford never really promoted the 3.0 diesel and there are a lot of
people that own Ford F150 trucks and don't even
know that Ford had a small diesel for the F150.

Morinvok

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think Ford is making a mistake to cancel the 3.0 diesel. Dodge and Chevy have diesels for their half ton trucks and there is a rumor that Toyota Tundra will offer a diesel soon. Ford never really promoted the 3.0 diesel and there are a lot of
people that own Ford F150 trucks and don't even
know that Ford had a small diesel for the F150.
Same, they kinda forced everyone to the powerboost but after reading about people's experience with that here on the forums, im really glad I went with the 3.0 while I could

Last edited:
OP
OP

Infotroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 2022
I didn't know about it till 4 months ago and order one 2 weeks ago. I had posted about the Toyota rumor to tell you the truth it has me very interested. It would really have me thinking of jumping ship. . But the push to the powerboost is just not whats its cracked up to be from all the forums its not there yet. You have California telling people not to charge their cars. A couple months back here in New England people were running to Home Depot / Lowes to get generators for their second homes. Not cause they wanted to stay but so they could charge there EV and flee back home because several of them got stuck for a couple days without a charge .LOL. That said aside from driving local slow the powerboost does not really live up to the hype . People say if you live in the city its good but I work in the cities and people don't drive pick ups in the city I wanted it to be the real thing but its not and all the electronics scare me . 24 mpg if everything is perfect and when you tow 7 mpg wtf. They seems a lot of hype these days about al the electronics and not the vehicle it self. I hope that the lightning turns out to be all it can be for everyone sake but I will stick with my 3.0 .

Last edited:

Sponsored

Morinvok

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I hear ya. I think they should've waited a year to phase this out. I think the lightning will do okay but the powerboost will flop

Ford 3.0 Diesel

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self
I have a friend that saw my Power Stroke and would like to order one as well. Does anyone know if you can still order one as a 2021?

Morinvok

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have a friend that saw my Power Stroke and would like to order one as well. Does anyone know if you can still order one as a 2021?
I thought all orders were required to be in by like 8/17. But last I check ford still had it on the build and price so it's worth an ask at a dealership I guess

OP
OP

Infotroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 2022
If your friend can find one he can buy it but no orders for power stroke after 7/16 . Ford was filling orders before that .It was the official last day of orders for 3.0 sorry

HCFX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat BAP
It's done. Only way you're getting a new one is if you can find one in dealer inventory that was ordered before balance out in June. It's sad, that engine really filled a niche nobody talked about. Double the fuel economy while towing a trailer.

Sponsored

Ford 3.0 Diesel

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self
It's done. Only way you're getting a new one is if you can find one in dealer inventory that was ordered before balance out in June. It's sad, that engine really filled a niche nobody talked about. Double the fuel economy while towing a trailer.
Check with my dealer today for my friend and he said that Ford had top out it's diesel engines for 2020 model and NO MORE will be produce. My dealer did find one in another state and it was the only one out of 600 dealers, but it was a order and sold. Wish Ford didn't stop offering this engine, but I am glad I did get one before they stopped!

Ford 3.0 Diesel

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self
Check with my dealer today for my friend and he said that Ford had top out it's diesel engines for 2020 model and NO MORE will be produce. My dealer did find one in another state and it was the only one out of 600 dealers, but it was a order and sold. Wish Ford didn't stop offering this engine, but I am glad I did get one before they stopped!

rado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I hear ya. I think they should've waited a year to phase this out. I think the lightning will do okay but the powerboost will flop
You think the Powerboost is going to flop? I've heard nothing but rave reviews from it, and have heard almost no complaints. Being a first year product, that's pretty impressive. I think Powerboost is the way of the foreseeable future and doubt an all electric truck will change that until the charging grid/battery tech catches up (especially in a truck).

Morinvok

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You think the Powerboost is going to flop? I've heard nothing but rave reviews from it, and have heard almost no complaints. Being a first year product, that's pretty impressive. I think Powerboost is the way of the foreseeable future and doubt an all electric truck will change that until the charging grid/battery tech catches up (especially in a truck).
Ask the lowerboost guys about mpg while towing. It's not what it's made out to be